A Richie Story set in the SITT/KTF era. Richie meets his dream girl, in more ways than one. Follow Richie and Bailey as they find the truth between reality and dream.

Chapter 6

>> Thursday, January 22, 2009

Richie took the final few steps to Bailey's door. Thankfully, he'd finally gotten a few hours of really good sleep. He was really looking forward to the night, dinner, maybe some dancing. Hell, maybe a walk down the boardwalk.

Finally a night of vacation like he'd envisioned. Warm balmy weather, a gorgeous woman on his arm, Things were definitely looking up. He rapped his knuckles lightly on the glass door and waited.

She took one last glance in the mirror as the tapping on the door started. Taking a deep breath she stepped to the door and opened it. Glancing up she smiled. "Well come on in. Let me get my wrap."

His eyes raked over her. Her long tan legs ran for miles under her demin mini skirt. Her full breasts stood proudly, wrapped in swirly multicolored material, her silky hair slightly curly as it flowed down her back freely. Fuck if it didn't make his fingers itch to stroke it. "Lookin' good Darlin'."

She couldn't resist a groan as she took him in, all six foot one of him, long long legs encased in black leather, a button up shirt that wasn't exactly buttoned, but in some coppery color, and that hat, the ever present Stetson. "You look nice yourself."

"Thanks." He winked appreciatively as he took her wrap from her and gallantly settled it over her shoulders. "I hope you don't mind walking a bit. The place I wanted to take you is just a couple blocks up the beach."
She leaned forward and slipped her heels off hooking them over a finger before accepting his arm. "Well then Cowboy, lets go."

He led the way, his pace mimicking hers. "So what have you seen of the night life around here so far? Anything?"

She managed a small smile. "Haven’t felt too much like going out. Ever since I arrived I haven’t been sleeping too well."

"Yeah I know what you mean," He nodded "But ya know today I actually got a good nap for a change."

She glanced up and smiled. He did seem to be less tense looking now. "I'm glad you were able to sleep." She felt a shiver race along her spine as he pulled her in closer. "So where we headed?"


He glanced across the street and pointed. "There, I wasn't sure what you liked so I figured I was safe with good old American steak house," he let his hand fall to her hip as he turned them to cross the street.

She chuckled softly, "Nothing wrong with a good old fashioned steak I say." She pushed down the constant inner voice that had her eating chicken and vegetables on the orders of her agent. She was on vacation and so far it had been mostly a time of no sleep and less food, one good steak dinner wouldn’t hurt.

He smiled, glad he'd chosen well and opened the door for her, ushering her in and following the hostess to their table. He held the chair out for her before crossing to sit facing her. "So tell me about yourself Bailey, all I really know is your name and that you seem to suffer from the same sleepless malady that I do," he chuckled as he relaxed back and watched her.

Her finger slid around the rim of her glass, her gaze pinned to his face. "I studied psychology in college but for some reason it just didn't take. One day a friend of mine entered some photo's they'd taken into a contest and," she glanced away a moment as she took a deep breath. "Next thing I know some agency is calling me and I found myself working as a model. Maybe I'll go back to college one day but for now, I'm kinda enjoying what I do."

His eyes widened "You studied psychology?" he reached for his glass and sipped "That's crazy... no pun intended." He grinned sheepishly "I did too!"

She tilted her head a moment and chuckled, "Let me guess, you found something more interesting to do too?"

"How did you know?" he teased. "Yeah I found music, or music found me. Hell, I don't know I loved psychology don't get me wrong but it lacked.... well," he paused, his face taking on a contemplative look, "passion?" he ended.

She arched a brow, "Well yeah, it lacked feeling that’s for sure, but it did teach me how I liked to observe people." She started to laugh as she lifted her water to her lips. "Not saying there’s such passion in what I do, but at least I enjoy it."

"I don't know..." he grinned a bit "I think there's some passion in modeling. Of course, I am a man, and you know what they say about us men. We can find passion in the wind blowin'."

She stilled, her eyes lifting to his, "Yeah well if there's any negative to the job its people seeing you for just your body, but I get the crazy feeling that you understand that. They just see you for the music not even realizing you have a brain huh?"

"Shhhhhhh!" He raised a slender finger to his lips "Don't say that too loud, never know who might be listenin' and I wouldn't want ya to ruin my dopey rep by letting the world know I'm smart!" His teasing tone turned serious. "Nah, you're right, I love the fans, I really do but they build you up to be this almighty great guy and well, hell darlin' I'm just human. Do I look good? I like to think so but if I have a bad day I hate having to worry someone will see me and start a rumor, 'oh Richie’s hitting the drugs again' or ' damn bet he got mauled by a group of chicks last night' or, whatever newest thing they can make up. Why can't I just have a sleepless night? Maybe I stayed up late reading Stephen Hawking or something ya know?"

Her eyes widened, "You read Hawking?" She shook her head, his other words sinking in. "doing drugs again?"

"Yeah I've been reading it, slowly" he shrugged "It's kinda hard to decipher ya know but I'm plugging through it." He looked at her carefully before answering the last question. "Yeah drugs, remember, I told you about it the other night,” he reminded her.

She winced, and felt the blush race to her cheeks. "I was so out of it that night." She turned her gaze back to his face, and studied him intently. "You don't seem to be the type to get lost in that though. What happened?"

"Life happened, fast." He paused as the waitress came up to take their orders. After she left again he settled back into their conversation, filling her in once again on his most recent fiascos. He started with the New Jersey tour, right on the heels of Slippery's success, to the not so pleasant last shows, his downward spiral and the healing process. He brought her right up to the now, before sitting back to watch her take it in quietly. He was amazed at how easily he’d trusted her with information. He almost never talked about to anyone, well except for Jon. Hell he wasn’t even talking to Jon of late, so that made the fact he’d talk to her even more surprising. What was it about her that made him so comfortable and shook his guard into non-existence?

She reached out, her finger brushing over his cheek and almost pulled away at the sudden zing of electricity. "Yeah well, I can imagine just how tiring it gets. Can't say I've traveled that much that fast, but I've had my moments. The catwalk is a deadly place to live."

He breathed in contentedly at her touch. It was like a balm to him. He was so thankful she accepted him, even after knowing all his faults. Most women would have run at the admissions he'd just made, at least women worth knowing for more than a meet and greet bed style.

"Ya know I always wondered which was more dangerous, those crazy ass heels they stick you women in, or the other women!"

She snorted then leaned back her brows waggling slightly. "I’d take the heels any day. You've not seen a fight until two models who think they own the world are wanting to model the same dress by the same designer." She stopped, an obviously fake serious expression on her face. "Of course being a guy you'd probably like that kind of cat fight."

He fought back a grin and lost, "Meow," he quipped.

"It gets dirty I tell you. There have been times," her voice faded out for a moment, "when I wanted to quit because of it. Actually considered it really, but don't know anything else now."

He watched her intently "I've never wanted to quit, I'd probably die if I did."

She leaned forward, her voice still soft."You could quit the madness without quitting the music you know. You have to take time for you, to heal or whatever."

"It's one and the same darlin' it's a jungle out there, it really is."

She shook her head. "No, it’s not the same. You could just play, or teach it or even record in a studio as a nameless studio musician. You don’t have to get out there in front of thousands risking having your hair yanked out." She leaned back and smiled gently. "See thing is you enjoy that attention, as do I.. I won’t deny it. But sometimes, just sometimes you need that something that’s just quiet and for yourself."

He nodded as the food showed up. "Yeah you're right, I gotta admit that." He inhaled the savory scent of the food as he picked up his fork. "But I do like what I do, I do crave that energy from the crowd, I need it too."

She took a bite of her food. "It's good." She watched as he nearly inhaled his food then continued. "Yeah but you need that something that's just yours too. "

She leaned back as he looked up. Why did this seem so important to her? Hell, it wasn't her problem if he wanted to offer his life up to the rock gods, but somehow deep inside she knew he was still searching just like she was. "I mean it’s your life and all, I just..."

He fell silent, every once in awhile sending her a smile across the table. Somehow it felt good knowing she cared what happened to him. It’s his life, she'd said but he felt the undertone of the statement. She wanted him to find something. He wished he knew what. Hell, he knew something was missing in his life. He seemed to have everything, loving family, great friends, a career that was more blessed than he could ever have imagined, he had adoration of so many people, world wide, he was practically drowning in love, yet he still had an empty spot inside him.


She turned to watch her hand twirl the fork through the remains of the food. Her appetite was assuaged, but watching the food was suddenly interesting. He was so much like her it was scary. High profile life, so many wanting him, yet there was an emptiness to him. She understood the emptiness, she felt it herself.

Settling the fork on the table she glanced upwards. "Well what did you have planned next ?"

He startled out of his thoughts at the sound of her voice and raised his eyes to her. "Hmm?" He blinked a few times as her words settled in his mind "Oh, I thought maybe a walk up the boardwalk? I was told there's a bunch of cool little shops and games, maybe even some rides up the way. Guy at the front desk said it's like a constant carnival. I'm such a kid sometimes, I love carnivals." He watched the look on her face and thought again. "You uh, you like that kinda stuff? I mean if you got something else you'd rather do I'm game. I'm pretty easy going'"

A smile coasted onto her lips at his worried look. God they were so alike. He liked carnivals too? What else would she find that they had in common. "Sounds like fun, always did love a carnival."

The relief he felt suddenly was palpable. "Great! " He grinned. The more time he spent with her the more he was finding he really did like her. "Shall we then?"

She slipped from the booth and nodded. "Lead the way big guy."

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Artsy by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP